Satisfy your sweet tooth with peanut butter and apple in a cookie!
Peanut Butter-Apple Cookies
Prep: 20 minutes plus chilling
Bake: 14 minutes
- 2½ cups Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1 cup brown Our Family® Sugar
- 1 cup Our Family® Unsalted Butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Our Family® Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 large Our Family® Eggs
- 1 large Our Family® Granny Smith Apple, peeled, halved, cored and chopped
- 1 cup Our Family® Dark Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup Our Family® Chopped Roasted and Salted Peanuts
1. Position 3 oven racks to upper, middle and lower positions; preheat oven to 350°. Line 3 rimmed baking pans with parchment paper. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. In separate medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter; beat 1 minute or until incorporated. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat 1 minute or until incorporated. Add flour mixture; beat 1 minute or until incorporated. Add apple; beat on low 1 minute or until incorporated. Using 2 small spoons, drop about 3 tablespoons cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared pans; freeze 20 minutes.
3. Bake cookies 14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned, rotating pans halfway through baking; cool 2 minutes on pans, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 32 cookies.
4. In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds; drizzle over cookies and immediately sprinkle with peanuts.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cookie): 295 Calories, 17g Fat (7g Saturated), 27mg Cholesterol, 164mg Sodium, 29g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 18g Sugars, 6g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Cookies can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Submit your review