Enhance your breakfast and become an egg expert today!
Poached Eggs Florentine
- 2/3 cup Our Family fat-free milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Our Family reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1 pinch Our Family dry mustard
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon Our Family distilled white vinegar
- 4 Our Family large eggs
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins, toasted
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- In small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons milk and flour. In small saucepan, heat remaining milk over medium-high heat 3 minutes or just until simmering. Slowly pour in milk-flour mixture while whisking constantly. Cook 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and gradually whisk in cheese until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in 8 teaspoon salt, mustard and white pepper; keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently. Stir in 8 teaspoon salt; keep warm.
- To large skillet with 2-inch-high sides, add water to fill halfway, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and vinegar, and bring to a boil. Carefully crack eggs, 1 at a time, into small cup. Slowly slide eggs into water while immersing cup slightly in water. Cover tightly with lid and remove from heat. Let stand 3 to 4 minutes, or until egg white is cooked through and yolk is slightly soft.
- Place 1 muffin half on 4 individual serving plates and top each with 2 tomato slices and 1⁄4 of the spinach. With slotted spoon, remove eggs from skillet and place 1 egg over spinach on each muffin half. Top eggs with sauce and serve with additional tomato slices garnished with parsley.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 208 Calories, 9g Fat (3g Saturated), 218mg Cholesterol, 419mg Sodium, 20g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 14g Protein