A delicious salad with a delicious dressing!
Portofino Salad with Thyme Vinaigrette
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Our Family white wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 package (4 ounces) plain chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled
- 2/3 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil with herbs, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions
In medium bowl, whisk together garlic, oil, vinegar, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended. In medium skillet, cook walnuts over medium heat 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool completely. In large salad bowl, toss salad greens with chèvre, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, walnuts and vinaigrette until well coated.
Chef Tip Vinaigrette can be prepared and refrigerated up to 3 days in advance. Toast walnuts up to 1 week in advance, cool completely and store in a zip-top plastic bag.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 282 Calories, 27g Fat (5g Saturated), 5mg Cholesterol, 237mg Sodium, 7g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 7g Protein