Soup good enough for the entire family will be scooping seconds!
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium Open Acres® Carrots, each cut into 8-inch-thick slices
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Our Family® Chicken Broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 8 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Our Family® Ground Nutmeg
- 5 medium Open Acres® Idaho Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Our Family® Whole Milk
- Our Family® Kosher Salt and Our Family® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In large saucepot, melt butter over medium- low heat. Add garlic, carrots, celery and onion, and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are almost soft, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium; stir in 2 tablespoons flour. Gradually stir in broth. Stir in thyme, bay leaf, parsley, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add potatoes and heat to simmering. Partially cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. In small bowl, whisk together milk and remaining 1 tablespoon flour; stir mixture into soup. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until soup thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper; remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
- Ladle soup into bowls to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 175 Calories, 4g Fat (2g Saturated), 11mg Cholesterol, 476mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 7g Protein
Submit your review