For the smaller Thanksgiving, you may be having!
Prosciutto & Gruyère Stuffed Turkey Breast
Prep: 35 minutes plus standing
Roast: 55 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, thyme, sage)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 (3-lb.) boneless turkey breast roast (frozen), thawed if necessary
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 (8-inch) sturdy wooden skewers
- 1 1⁄2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is translucent; remove from heat.
2. In small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and fresh herbs; season with salt and pepper. Place half the breadcrumb mixture in separate small bowl, and add garlic-onion mixture, cheese and 2 tablespoons melted butter; mix well and set aside.
3. Remove netting from outside of turkey. Lay turkey on work surface; butterfly the turkey breast and season with salt and pepper. Lay prosciutto slices evenly over turkey breast, and mound breadcrumb-onion mixture lengthwise along center over prosciutto. Roll up turkey around filling, and secure with skewers. Brush outside of turkey with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter. Press remaining breadcrumb-herb mixture onto all sides of turkey. Place stuffed turkey breast, opening side down, in large roasting pan. Roast 15 to 20 minutes, or until outside is lightly browned. Reduce temperature to 325°. Roast 40 to 45 minutes longer, or until juices are clear and internal temperature of both the stuffing and thickest part of breast reaches 165°.
4. Remove turkey from pan and place on cutting board; let stand at least 15 minutes before slicing. Place roasting pan with drippings over medium- high heat. Add broth and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in artichokes and lemon juice. Simmer 3 minutes or until artichokes are heated through.
5. Slice stuffed turkey breast and serve topped with artichoke sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 791 Calories, 42g Fat (17g Saturated), 239mg Cholesterol, 1277mg Sodium, 22g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 73g
Submit your review