Corned beef lovers, you have to try this rich, delicious casserole!
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter or vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium Open Acres Onion, diced
- 1 can (14.4 oz.) Our Family® Sauerkraut, drained
- 3 (¼-inch-thick) slices deli corned beef (about 1-¼ pounds), cut into ¼-inch pieces (or 3-½ cups shredded or diced leftover cooked corned beef)
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1-½ tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of onion soup
- ⅓ cup Our Family® Sweet Pickle Relish
- ¼ cup Our Family® Ketchup
- ⅔ bag (20 oz.) Our Family® Refrigerated Shredded Hash Browns
- 8 oz. Our Family® Shredded Swiss Cheese (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion, and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in sauerkraut, corned beef, 1/4 cup vinegar and caraway seeds, and cook 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- In medium bowl, stir together soup, relish, ketchup and remaining 1/4 cup vinegar. In 9×9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, spread hash browns to cover bottom of dish. Spread half the soup mixture over potatoes (about 1 cup); sprinkle with half (about 1 cup) of the cheese. Evenly spread corned beef mixture over cheese; top with remaining soup mixture and cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Makes about 10 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 359 Calories, 14g Fat (8g Saturated), 72mg Cholesterol, 1480mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrates, 28g Protein
Submit your review