Bring the holiday treat!
Roasted Holiday Pork Loin
Prep: 35 minutes plus standing
Roast: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) Open Acres boneless pork loin
- 1 medium Open Acres yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 red Anjou or Bosc pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Our Family less-sodium chicken broth (3 1⁄2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons Our Family light brown sugar
- 1 jar (4 ounces) cranberry mustard
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced Our Family tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family salt
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed herb seasoned stuffing
1. Preheat oven to 400°. With long, thin knife, slice pork horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through. Open pork loin and spread flat, cut side up. With meat mallet, pound pork loin slightly to an even thickness.
2. In large saucepot, cook onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add sage and cook 1 minute. Add pear, 3⁄4 cup broth, apricots and brown sugar, and cook 5 minutes. Remove saucepot from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons cranberry mustard, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper; fold in stuffing.
3. Preheat 11 x 9-inch roasting pan in oven 5 minutes. Evenly distribute stuffing mixture over one-half of pork loin and fold pork loin to enclose filling. With cooking twine, tie pork loin every 2 inches. Sprinkle pork loin with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Place pork in roasting pan and roast 45 minutes.
4. In small bowl, combine remaining mustard and remaining oil; brush mixture over pork loin. Add remaining 23⁄4 cups broth to pan and cover with foil. Reduce temperature to 325°. Roast 1 1⁄2 hours longer or until a fork inserted in center of pork slides out easily and internal temperature of both pork and stuffing reaches 145°.
5. Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place pan with drippings over medium-high heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove twine from pork loin; slice and serve with sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 418 Calories, 19g Fat (4g Saturated), 82mg Cholesterol, 810mg Sodium, 22g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 35g Protein