Show off your cooking skills for your next family gathering!
Roasted Pork Loin with Pears, Fennel & Figs
Prep: 1 hour 5 minutes
Roast: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 (4- to 5-lb.) Open Acres® Tied Center-Cut Boneless Pork Loin
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Yellow Mustard Seed
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 large Open Acres® Yellow Onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carton (32 oz.) Our Family® Less-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups Our Family® Apple Cider
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 red Anjou or Bosc pears, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup dried figs, stems trimmed and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Butter
1. Preheat oven to 300°. With paring knife, cut 6 to 8 small, 1-inch-deep slits on each side of pork. Press garlic slivers into slits. In small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, mustard seed and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Rub mixture on outside of pork.
2. In large roasting pan, heat oil over medium- high heat. Add pork and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove pork from pan. Add onion and fennel to same pan; place pork on top of vegetables. Roast pork 1 hour 40 minutes to 2 hours or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°. While pork roasts, in medium saucepan, heat broth to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 30 minutes or until reduced by half.
3. Remove pork from pan and place on cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let stand 20 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan; reserve. Place pan with drippings over medium heat. Add reduced broth and cider to pan; whisk in flour. Add reserved vegetables, pears, figs and apricots to pan. Simmer 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Slice pork and serve with sauce and vegetables.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 360 Calories, 13g Fat (4g Saturated), 80mg Cholesterol, 601mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 32g Protein
Submit your review