The best dang mashed potatoes you’ll ever have!
Rosemary-Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Prep: 15 minutes
Roast: 35 minutes
- 4 garlic heads
- 2 teaspoons Our Family olive oil
- 4 pounds Open Acres Yukon gold potatoes (about 9
medium), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups Our Family half and half
- 5 tablespoons Our Family unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400°. With serrated knife, cut 1⁄2-inch from top of each garlic head to expose top of cloves; discard tops. Place garlic, cut side up, on sheet of aluminum foil; drizzle oil over cut side of garlic. Tightly wrap foil around garlic; place directly on oven rack. Roast 35 to 40 minutes or until cloves are very soft. Carefully open foil. When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic cloves from skins and coarsely chop.
2. Meanwhile, in 5- to 6-quart saucepot, add potatoes and enough salted water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Drain potatoes, then immediately return to same saucepot. Add half and half, butter, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic. With potato masher, mash potatoes until they are slightly chunky.
Chef Tip Garlic can be roasted as directed in step 1 and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Reheat garlic on microwave-safe plate in microwave oven on high 10 to 15 seconds or until hot, then coarsely chop before adding to potatoes.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 227 Calories, 9g Fat (5g Saturated), 22mg Cholesterol, 162mg Sodium, 35g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 5g Protein