Easy to make and even better to eat, this breakfast casserole will please the whole family. It’s packed with sausage, potatoes and lots of flavor!
Sausage and Smoked Gouda Breakfast Casserole
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 1 hour
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb. Our Family® Original Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1 package (28 oz.) Our Family® Potatoes O’Brien with Onions & Peppers
- 10 Our Family® Large Eggs
- 1 cup Our Family® Half & Half
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until browned, breaking up sausage with side of spoon.
- Spread potatoes and sausage in prepared dish. In large bowl, whisk eggs, half & half, sage, salt and pepper; pour over sausage and sprinkle with cheese. Bake casserole 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160°; let stand 5 minutes. Cut casserole into 12 pieces; sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 piece): 355 Calories, 25g Fat, 11g Saturated Fat, 221mg Cholesterol, 578mg Sodium, 14g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 1g Added Sugars, 19g Protein
Submit your review