This beautiful asparagus side dish will add color and flavor to your favorite meal!
Sautéed Asparagus with Garlic
Prep: 10 minutes • Cook: 35 minutes
- 5 pounds asparagus (about 5 bunches), bottoms trimmed
- 6 tablespoons Our Family olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Our Family butter
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 1-¼ teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon Our Family salt
- ¾ teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add 1/3 of the asparagus to water and cook 1 minute. With tongs, immediately transfer asparagus to large bowl filled with ice water. Once cooled, drain asparagus. Repeat process 2 times, returning water to boiling before adding asparagus.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 of the asparagus and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp and heated through, stirring frequently. Transfer asparagus to large bowl; keep warm. Repeat process 2 times.
- Toss asparagus with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Place asparagus on large serving platter and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
114 Calories, 9g Fat (2g Saturated), 3mg Cholesterol, 99mg Sodium, 6g Carbohydrates, 3g Protein