This beautiful asparagus side dish will add color and flavor to your favorite meal!
Sautéed Asparagus with Garlic
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 5 lbs. asparagus (about 5 bunches), bottoms trimmed
- 6 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 3 tsp. Our Family® Butter
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 1-¼ tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon Our Family® Salt
- ¾ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add 3 of the asparagus to water and cook 1 minute. With tongs, immediately transfer asparagus to large bowl filled with ice water. Once cooled, drain asparagus. Repeat process 2 times, returning water to boiling before adding asparagus.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 3 of the garlic and cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly and being careful not to let garlic burn. Add 1/3 of the asparagus and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp and heated through, stirring frequently. Transfer asparagus to large bowl; keep warm. Repeat process 2 times.
- Toss asparagus with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Place asparagus on large serving platter
Chef’s Tip: When selecting asparagus, make sure stems are stiff , not rubbery. Snap bottoms off asparagus to trim ends; they will naturally separate at the woody part.
Asparagus can be blanched 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
Blanching vegetables helps to retain their bright color and keep them crisp. Once vegetables are blanched in boiling water, it’s very important to immediately plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 114 Calories, 9g Fat (2g Saturated), 3mg Cholesterol, 99mg Sodium, 6g Carbohydrates, 3g Protein
Submit your review