Try out Scrappy Gidget’s long time family recipe!
Scrappy Gidget’s Version of Family Custard Macaroni
- 2 Our Family® Large Eggs
- 2 cups Our Family® Elbow Macaroni Noodles – cooked and drained, lightly buttered to prevent sticking
- 2 cups and a splash of Our Family® 2% Milk
- 2 cups Our Family® Shredded Colby Cheese (shred yourself for best results, also optional to cut 4 oz. into cubes to scatter in dish)
- Our Family® Salt and Pepper to taste
- In an oven proof casserole dish that has been lightly greased (with butter) or an Our Family® Aluminum Utility Pan, beat two eggs.
- Add the cooked macaroni and about 3/4 of the cheese, reserving some for the top. Mix together until well combined.
- Add milk until the milk just barely covers the macaroni mixture. Add remaining cheese if you chose to reserve, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in 350°F degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and the custard is set (use a knife to stick in the middle, if it comes out clean, it is good to go).
Submit your review