Perfectly cooked cod served with vegetable based risotto!
Seared Cod with Cauliflower “Risotto”
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook/Roast: 8 minutes
- 4 skinless cod fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs.), thawed if necessary
- 3/4 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Our Family® 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups Fresh & Finest Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Minced Garlic in Water
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Grated Parmesan Cheese plus additional for serving (optional)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pat cod dry with paper towel; sprinkle both sides with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In large oven-safe skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add cod; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Transfer skillet to oven; roast 4 minutes or until internal temperature of cod reaches 145°.
- In separate large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; add shallot and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in cauliflower rice, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in stock and lemon juice; cook 3 minutes or until cauliflower is tender-crisp and almost all liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat. Add cheese, parsley and butter; stir until butter melts. Makes about 3 cups.
- Serve “risotto” sprinkled with cheese, if desired, topped with cod and garnished with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 fillet, 3/4 cup “risotto”): 263 Calories, 23g Fat, 7g Saturated Fat, 29mg Cholesterol, 668mg Sodium, 9g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 8g Protein
Submit your review