For all you seafood lovers!
Seared Sea Scallop Salad
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 small shallot, minced (2 tbsp.)
- 3 cup plus 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® White Wine Vinegar
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb. fresh dry or frozen (thawed) large sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄2 Our Family® teaspoon salt
- 8 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 5 oz. Open Acres® Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 1 can (11 oz.) Our Family® Mandarin Oranges in light syrup, drained
1. In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, 3 cup oil, vinegar, tarragon, and mustard; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add scallops to skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
2. To serve, arrange salad greens on each of 4 dinner plates; top with scallops and orange segments. With a spoon, pour vinaigrette over salads to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 332 Calories, 23g Fat (3g Saturated), 37mg Cholesterol, 491mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 21g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Remember to always pull off and discard the tough crescent-shaped muscle from the side of each scallop.
Submit your review