For all you seafood lovers!
Seared Sea Scallop Salad
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 small shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Our Family white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons Our Family Dijon mustard
- 1 pound Open Acres fresh dry or frozen (thawed) large sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄2 Our Family teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) Our Family Mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
1. In small bowl, whisk together shallot, 3 cup oil, vinegar, tarragon and mustard; set aside. In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add scallops to skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
2. To serve, arrange salad greens on each of 4 dinner plates; top with scallops and orange segments. With spoon, pour vinaigrette over salads to serve.
Chef Tip Remember to always pull off and discard the tough crescent-shaped muscle from the side of each scallop.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 332 Calories, 23g Fat (3g Saturated), 37mg Cholesterol, 491mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 21g Protein