Get a taste of New Orleans with every bite of these loaded shrimp po’ boys!
Shrimp Po’ Boys
Prep: 20 minutes • Bake: 10 minutes
- 2 Our Family large eggs
- ¼ cup Our Family whole milk
- ¾ cup Our Family Italian style breadcrumbs
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- ½ teaspoon Our Family cayenne pepper
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- 1-½ pounds raw 36-40 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) French baguette
- ½ cup Our Family mayonnaise
- 8 Our Family pickle sandwich slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ medium green cabbage, very thinly sliced
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In second large bowl, mix breadcrumbs, cornmeal, salt and cayenne. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add half of shrimp to egg mixture. With slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to cornmeal mixture, allowing excess egg mixture to drip oﬀ . Toss shrimp to coat, then place in single layer onto prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Spray shrimp with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°.
- Slice loaves of bread horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through. Spread both sides of bread with mayonnaise; ﬁll with shrimp, pickles, tomatoes, cabbage and onion. Cut each loaf crosswise into 4 sandwiches to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
546 Calories, 15g Fat (2g Saturated), 151mg Cholesterol, 1252mg Sodium, 69g Carbohydrates, 25g Protein