- 4 pizza dough balls (8 ounces each), thawed if frozen
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family olive oil
- 4 green and/or red bell peppers, sliced 1⁄4-inch-thick
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves plus additional for garnish
- Our Family Sicilian Seasoning Blend
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Our Family All-purpose flour for dusting
- 2 cups Our Family Traditional Pizza Sauce
- 1 package (6 oz) Our Family Sliced Pepperoni
- 2 cups Our Family Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Our Family Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Our Family Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pizza dough balls on counter to warm up and soften. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in basil, parsley, Our Family Sicilian Seasoning Blend, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Roll out pizza dough balls into 10-inch circles, dusting with flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Leaving a 1-inch border, spread 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce over half of each dough round; top each with 1⁄4 of the pepper-onion mixture, 1⁄4 of the sliced pepperoni (about 20 slices) and 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese. Lightly wet entire border of pizza dough with water, fold dough over filling to form a half moon. With fork, crimp edges of pizza dough.
- Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place calzones on prepared baking pan and lightly brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Bake calzones 30 to 40 minutes or until outsides are lightly browned. Sprinkle calzones with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired, and extra Our Family Sicilian Seasoning Blend. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut each calzone in half and serve with remaining 1 cup pizza sauce for dipping.