Sunday brunch? Check!
Skillet Breakfast Burritos
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Our Family vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen diced potatoes with onions and peppers
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 cup Our Family canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cup Our Family frozen corn
- 6 ounces crumbled pork sausage (3⁄4 cup)
- 6 large Our Family eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) Our Family flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family shredded Cheddar cheese
- Our Family Salsa, Our Family sour cream and chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium- high heat. Add potatoes, cover and cook 8 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in jalapeño, beans and corn, and cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, in separate large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer sausage to small bowl with slotted spoon; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium and add eggs. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness, stirring occasionally to scramble.
3. Stir eggs, salt, pepper and sausage into potato mixture. Evenly divide potato-egg mixture over center of tortillas and top with cheese. Fold each tortilla to form burrito. Top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 714 Calories, 39g Fat (11g Saturated), 363mg Cholesterol, 1034mg Sodium, 61g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 28g Protein