Packed with peppers and corn, this queso dip is beyond delicious! It’s the perfect balance of spicy and creamy. Try it with Our Family Tortilla Chips today!
Skillet Hatch Chile Queso Dip
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) Our Family® Hatch Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup Our Family® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup Our Family® Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, Our Family® Chili Powder and/or lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Our Family® Tortilla Chips for serving (optional)
- In large bowl, toss cheese and cornstarch.
- In 10-inch cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add milk and cheese mixture; cook 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add chiles, corn, hot sauce, salt, cumin and onion powder; cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Makes about 4 cups.
- Serve cheese mixture topped with pico de gallo garnished with cilantro, chili powder and/or lime wedges along with tortilla chips, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1/4 cup): 139 Calories, 10g Fat, 6g Saturated Fat, 35mg Cholesterol, 439mg Sodium, 7g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 8g Protein
Submit your review