This one-skillet Italian recipe is perfect for your next weeknight dinner when you’re craving a simple to prepare, flavorful dish.
Skillet Salmon & Tortellini Florentine
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- ½ (19-oz.) package Our Family® Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 4 frozen Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Salmon Fillets, thawed
- 1 tsp. Our Family® kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. Our Family®ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow Open Acres® onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Our Family® Whole Milk
- 2 cups Open Acres® loosely packed baby spinach
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Cook tortellini as label directs; drain, return to saucepot and cover.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; add to skillet and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once.
3. In a separate large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Whisk in flour; cook 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Whisk in milk; heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened, whisking occasionally. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice, tortellini and remaining ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until heated through and spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Makes about 5 cups.
4. Serve tortellini topped with salmon.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 salmon fillet, about 1¼ cups tortellini mixture): 515 Calories, 23g Fat (8g Saturated), 106mg Cholesterol, 817mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 10g Sugars, 37g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over salmon.
Submit your review