A healthy and delicious breakfast that’s easy to make!
Skinny Breakfast Apple Turnovers
- Whole-wheat pita bread, 2 pieces cut in half (4 pockets)
- 2 Our Family® Apples (Fuji or Gala), skin on
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. Our Family® Low-Fat Whipped Cream Cheese
- Rinse, core, and slice apples.
- Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon and place in a microwavable dish. Add maple syrup.
- Cover the dish with a lid or microwavable food wrap and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Stir and microwave for an additional minute or until apples are tender.
- Toast Pita halves.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese inside each pita pocket.
- Divide apples into four equal portions and scoop into pita pockets.
Submit your review