Creamy and fruity this breakfast is easy to make!
Slow-Cooker Apple Oatmeal Custard Breakfast
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 3 hrs
- 4 cups water or sugar-free apple juice (heated to boiling)
- 3 cups Our Family® Quick-Cooking Oats
- 3 cups peeled Our Family® Apples (cored and chopped)
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- 6 Our Family® Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Vanilla
- ¼ cup Our Family® Brown Sugar
- Our Family® Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Coat slow-cooker with cooking spray. Cover and set on high to heat.
- Pour hot apple juice into preheated slow cooker. Stir in oats, salt, apples, and cinnamon. Cover slow-cooker.
- Over stove, heat milk and vanilla on medium heat until mixture begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and granulated sugar in a bowl. Whisk ½ cup of the hot milk into egg mixture. Whisk warm egg mixture into the remaining milk.
- Pour mixture over the oatmeal and apples. Do not stir.
- Turn slow-cooker to low and line the lid with 2 paper towels. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3 ½ hours.
- Uncover and sprinkle with brown sugar and serve.
Submit your review