Tender turkey and the best flavor!
Slow Cooker Turkey & Bean “Lasagna” Pasta
Prep: 10 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 2 hours 40 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Our Family® Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Our Family® Light Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Oregano Leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Minced Garlic In Water
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Our Family® Penne Rigate Pasta
- 1 tsp. Our Family® 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup Our Family® Low-Moisture Part-Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup Our Family® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In large zip-top plastic bag, combine turkey, tomatoes with their juice, beans, onion, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage bag to break up turkey into small pieces; refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Prepare pasta as label directs; drain and transfer to large bowl. Stir in oil and refrigerate pasta mixture 15 minutes or until completely cool; cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, stir turkey mixture, breaking up turkey with side of wooden spoon until well combined; cover and cook on high 2 1/2 hours or low 5 hours. Stir in prepared pasta and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook on high 10 minutes or until cheese melts and pasta is heated through. Makes about 8 cups.
- In small bowl, stir ricotta cheese, basil and Parmesan cheese. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Serve turkey mixture topped with ricotta cheese mixture garnished with basil, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup turkey mixture, 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese mixture): 329 Calories, 10g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 53mg Cholesterol, 673mg Sodium, 33g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 24g Protein
Submit your review