Bacon lovers rejoice!
Smoked Bacon & Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes
Prep: 50 minutes
Bake: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 10 medium Open Acres Idaho russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Our Family kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 4 slices Our Family hickory smoked bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups Our Family shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups Our Family whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family butter (1 stick), melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 pinch Our Family ground nutmeg
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Poke each potato 3 times on each side with knife to vent. Rub potatoes with oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper; place on large rimmed baking pan. Bake potatoes 60 to 70 minutes or until potatoes are pierced easily with knife, turning once halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce heat to 350°.
2. Place bacon in single layer on rimmed baking pan. While potatoes bake, cook bacon in oven 15 minutes or until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon.
3. Starting on top and approximately 1⁄2 inch from the sides of each potato, use a small, sharp knife to cut out an oval shape about 1⁄2-inch deep along the length of each potato. Scoop out inside portion of each potato and place in large bowl (including skin on top of potato). Leave at least a 1⁄4-inch wall remaining on the inside of potatoes. Return potato shells to rimmed baking pan. With fork, mash potatoes in bowl until small lumps remain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, milk, butter, chives, nutmeg and remaining 11⁄2 teaspoons salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
4. Spoon potato mixture into potato shells; top with remaining 1⁄4 cup cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through. Serve with sour cream.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 330 Calories, 22g Fat (13g Saturated), 56mg Cholesterol, 480mg Sodium, 25g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 9g Protein