Jackie Bogema’s soup here to bring happiness to any household!
Ground Turkey Minestrone
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (32 oz.) containers of Our Family® Beef Broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) Our Family® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) Our Family® Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-½ cups sliced zucchini
- In Dutch oven, cook the ground turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the beef broth, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, carrots, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until celery and carrots are tender.
- Add macaroni, corn, kidney beans and zucchini. Simmer 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
“This recipe comes from my favorite recipe book – Taste of Home: Heartwarming Soups – though I’ve added my own touches to it over the years. I found the book at a garage sale, and we’ve enjoyed so many of the recipes in it. Oftentimes, we make soup for our Saturday lunch (and put the leftovers in our lunches on Monday!), and this Ground Turkey Minestrone is my husband’s favorite!
I love finding great deals at garage sales and hidden treasures at estate sales. I also love bribing my kids with homemade meals like this one, so they come over to visit!”
— Jackie Bogema, Grandville, MI
Submit your review