Who said you can’t enjoy a messy sandwich for dinner?
South of the Border Sloppy Joes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. Open Acres® 85% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 medium Open Acres® Onion, diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) Our Family® Tomato Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Canned Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Frozen Corn
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family® Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. chipotle pepper hot sauce
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Coriander
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 sesame hamburger buns
1. In large skillet, cook ground sirloin and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until ground turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up meat with side of spoon.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, corn, tomato paste, brown sugar, hot sauce, cumin and coriander, and cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cilantro. Makes about 5 cups.
3. If desired, toast or warm buns. Split buns and evenly spoon meat mixture over bottom halves of buns; replace top halves and serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 337 Calories, 12g Fat (4g Saturated), 39mg Cholesterol, 880mg Sodium, 40g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 17g Protein
Submit your review