Southwest flavor meets classic Italian cuisine in one big, bold dish!
Southwest Black Bean Lasagna
Prep: 40 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 12 Our Family lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Open Acres yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1-½ teaspoons Our Family chili powder
- 1-½ teaspoons Our Family dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- ½ teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Our Family black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 4-¼ cups marinara pasta sauce
- 1 cup Our Family medium salsa
- ¾ cup Our Family sliced black olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Our Family large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Our Family shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 cups Our Family ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Our Family shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Our Family shredded Parmesan cheese
- Our Family sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook lasagna noodles as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper and zucchini, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute. Stir in black beans, corn, pasta sauce, salsa, olives and cilantro. Heat to a simmer and cook 3 minutes; remove from heat. In medium bowl, combine egg, 1-1/4 cups Jack cheese blend and remaining cheeses.
- In bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup bean mixture, and 1/3 cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with bean mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup Jack cheese blend.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve topped with sour cream, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
488 Calories, 23g Fat (12g Saturated), 77mg Cholesterol, 1111mg Sodium, 46g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 27g Protein