Add a little Southwest flavor to your next cookout with these unforgettably delicious burgers!
Prep: 20 minutes • Grill: 8 minutes
- 1-¼ pounds 96% lean ground round or ground sirloin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ red bell pepper, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Our Family salt
- 4 Our Family hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves, sliced ripe avocado, sliced red onion and/or pico de gallo (optional)
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In large bowl, gently mix beef, garlic, green onion, jalapeño, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, oil and salt until well blended but not overmixed. Form mixture into four ½-inch-thick patties.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut side down, on grill. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers in buns with desired toppings.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
310 Calories, 9g Fat (3g Saturated), 60mg Cholesterol, 537mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrates, 29g Protein