A fantastic turkey burger for your next BBQ!
Southwest Turkey Burgers
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 8 minutes
- 1 1⁄4 pounds 94% lean Open Acres ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 4 Our Family whole wheat hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced ripe avocado, sliced Open Acres red onion and/or refrigerated Open Acres pico de gallo (optional)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In large bowl, gently mix turkey, garlic, green onion, jalapeño, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, oil and salt until well blended but not overmixed. Form mixture into four 1⁄2-inch-thick patties.
2. Place burgers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut side down, on grill. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers in buns with desired toppings.
Chef Tip Top burgers with sliced Monterey Jack cheese during last 2 minutes of grilling.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 315 Calories, 10 Fat (2g Saturated), 60mg Cholesterol, 537mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 29g Protein