Bring the southwest to your home!
Southwestern Potato Salad
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- 4 lbs. new potatoes
- 8 slices Our Family® Bacon, each cut crosswise into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 tbsp. Our Family® Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Open Acres® Red Onion
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water and potatoes to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain; when cool enough to handle, cut potatoes into 11⁄2-inch pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate; reserve 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings.
3. In large bowl, whisk together garlic, lime juice, vinegar, mustard, coriander, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and reserved bacon drippings. With rubber spatula, fold in jalapeño, onion, cilantro, potatoes and bacon until combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 288 Calories, 10g Fat (4g Saturated), 12mg Cholesterol, 598mg Sodium, 44g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 7g Protein
Submit your review