Bring the taste of Greece to your dinner table!
Spanakopita Potato Cakes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Our Family plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 large Our Family eggs
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup Our Family crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family canola oil
1. In small bowl, stir together yogurt and dill. In medium bowl, whisk eggs; add potatoes, cheese and spinach and stir until well blended. Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture holds together (you may not need all the flour).
2. Form potato mixture into 16 cakes and place on rimmed baking pan. In batches, lightly coat potato cakes with breadcrumbs, patting so breadcrumbs adhere.
3. In large nonstick skillet, in batches, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. With spatula, transfer 4 cakes to skillet. Cook cakes about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer cakes to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
4. To serve, evenly top potato cakes with yogurt mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cake with sauce): 179 Calories, 13g Fat (4g Saturated), 39mg Cholesterol, 294mg Sodium, 12g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 4g Protein