For the spicy lover in your house!
Spicy BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 whole BBQ Open Acres rotisserie chicken
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) Our Family barbeque sauce
- 1 medium Open Acres yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground cumin
- 6 sesame seed buns
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. In large nonstick skillet, cook chicken, barbeque sauce, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper and cumin over medium heat 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and starts to simmer, stirring occasionally.
2. Spoon chicken mixture onto bottom halves of sandwich buns. Sprinkle cheese over chicken; replace top half of buns to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 266 Calories, 12g Fat (5g Saturated), 75mg Cholesterol, 1020mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 25g Protein