The PERFECT dish for every party!
Spicy Beef Nachos
Prep: 20 minutes • Cook: 2 hours
- 1 teaspoon Our Family olive oil
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 cup Our Family frozen corn
- 1 cup Our Family hot salsa
- 1 cup Our Family medium salsa
- 1 teaspoon Our Family chili powder
- 1 bag (10-16 ounces) Our Family tortilla chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) Our Family taco blend cheese
- Toppings: Diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, sliced black olives, diced avocado, guacamole, and/or sour cream
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add beef and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring onion occasionally. Transfer beef and onion to 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker. Stir in garlic, jalapeno, corn, salsas, and chili powder. Cover and cook on low 2 to 2 ½ hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Transfer beef to cutting board. Cut beef into bite-size pieces. Return beef to slow cooker, stirring to combine ingredients. Spoon beef mixture over chips. Sprinkle cheese and desired toppings over beef.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
403 Calories, 24g Fat (8g Saturated), 48mg Cholesterol, 589mg Sodium, 33g Carbohydrates, 17g Protein