Bring a little spice to the table!
Spicy Beef & Refried Bean Nacho Bake
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 6 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Our Family vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Our Family chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground coriander
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (15 to 16 ounces) Our Family hot thick and chunky salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño slices
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1 bag (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Our Family Mexican cheese blend
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 1 pound), chopped (about 2 cups)
- Sliced green onions, guacamole and/or sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In large skillet, cook beef, garlic and oil over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat with side of spoon. Stir in chili powder and coriander. Stir in refried beans, salsa and jalapeños. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove skillet from heat; stir in salt.
- In bottom of 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, layer half the tortilla chips, then top with half the beef mixture. Repeat layers of chips and beef mixture. Evenly sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown. Evenly sprinkle with tomatoes, and green onions, if desired. Serve with guacamole and sour cream, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 583 Calories, 35g Fat (12g Saturated), 73mg Cholesterol, 1233mg Sodium, 49g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 25g Protein