This dish is bursting with spicy heat and Italian flavors!
Spicy Red Pepper & Chicken Pasta
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1⁄2 box Our Family® Rotini
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup diced Open Acres® Yellow Onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 12 oz. Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Red Wine Vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Our Family® Parmesan Cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook about 6 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in tomatoes and bell pepper, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Stir in parsley, basil, crushed red pepper, vinegar, salt and pepper. Additional crushed red pepper may be added, if desired.
4. Add pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately topped with cheese, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 288 Calories, 3g Fat (1g Saturated), 37mg Cholesterol, 128mg Sodium, 49g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 22g Protein
Submit your review