Stuffing your face with this stuffed meal will make you feel stuffed!
Spinach & Bacon Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Prep: 50 minutes plus chilling and standing
Roast: 35 minutes
- 8 slices Our Family® Bacon, each cut crosswise into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1 small Open Acres® Onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz. Our Family® Cream Cheese, cut in small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family® Italian Seasoned Dried Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (3-lb.) center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion begins to soften, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add butter and tarragon, and cook 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in spinach and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in cream cheese, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer spinach mixture to shallow dish and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To butterfly beef, cut beef lengthwise down center, but do not cut all the way through, leaving 1⁄2 inch uncut. Open beef and lay flat between plastic wrap on cutting board. With flat end of meat mallet, pound beef to flatten to 1⁄2-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap, and evenly spread spinach mixture over beef, leaving about 11⁄2-inch border around edges. Starting at one side, roll up beef and filling to form a pinwheel. With kitchen string, tie beef crosswise at about 2-inch intervals. Tie beef lengthwise with second piece of string, threading through crosswise ties.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with remaining 3⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Add oil to skillet and sear beef 1 minute on each side or until outside is browned. Place beef on rimmed baking pan and roast 35 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare. Let beef stand 10 minutes before removing string and slicing.
Chef Tip Spinach filling can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 566 Calories, 44g Fat (19g Saturated), 126mg Cholesterol, 782mg Sodium, 11g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 29g Protein
Submit your review