Tangy tomato with a hint of southern style.
St. Louis-Style BBQ Pork Ribs with Tangy Tomato BBQ Sauce
Prep: 25 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 2 hours
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp. Louisiana-style Cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Paprika
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Onion Powder
- 3 slabs St. Louis-style pork ribs (about 2 1⁄2 lbs. each)
Tangy Tomato BBQ Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups Our Family® Prepared BBQ Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family® Chicken Broth
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family® Honey
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- Our Family® Vegetable Oil
1. Prepare Rib Rub: In small bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
2. Prepare Ribs: Peel skin from bone side of each rib slab. Place rib slabs on rimmed baking pans and coat rib slabs with rub. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to marinate.
3. Meanwhile, prepare Tangy Tomato BBQ Sauce: In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over low heat. Lightly oil hot grill rack. Place ribs on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook 2 to 3 hours or until ribs are tender, turning every 20 minutes. Baste ribs generously with BBQ sauce during last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve ribs with remaining BBQ sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 628 Calories, 37g Fat (13g Saturated), 125mg Cholesterol, 4470mg Sodium, 61g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 28g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Prior to applying a rub to ribs, the skin should be removed to allow the rub to penetrate the meat. To peel skin from ribs, turn the ribs bone-side-up. With a sharp paring knife, carefully lift up the edge of the skin from a corner of the slab. Work your fingers between the skin and rib meat to loosen the skin. To prevent slipping, use a paper towel to pull the skin across the slab.
Submit your review