This dish will stand out at any holiday party!
Standing Beef Rib Roast with Baby Bella-Thyme Jus & Horseradish Cream
Prep: 35 minutes
Roast: 2 hours
Beef Rib Roast
- 3 tablespoons Our Family kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Our Family garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) standing beef rib roast, fat
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) Open Acres baby bella mushrooms, each cut in half (about 3 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) less-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Our Family Kosher salt and Our Family ground black pepper, to taste
Baby Bella-Thyme Jus
1. Prepare Beef Rib Roast: Preheat oven to 450o. In small bowl, combine salt, thyme, garlic powder and pepper. Coat all sides of beef roast with salt mixture.
2. Place beef roast, fat side up, in large roasting pan and place in oven. Roast beef 30 minutes or until outside is browned. Reduce heat to 300o. Roast 11⁄2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 130o for medium-rare.
3. Place beef roast, fat side up, in large roasting pan and place in oven. Roast beef 30 minutes or until outside is browned. Reduce heat to 300o. Roast 11⁄2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 130o for medium-rare.
4. Transfer beef to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before slicing to let juices set.
5. Meanwhile, prepare Baby Bella-Thyme Jus: Drain excess fat from roasting pan and place pan with drippings over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute. In cup, reserve 1 tablespoon broth. Stir remaining broth into pan and simmer 5 minutes. Whisk cornstarch into reserved broth and whisk mixture into pan. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables.
Chef Tips Roast beef an additional 10 to15 minutes if medium to medium-well done meat is desired. It’s very important to allow the beef to rest before slicing to prevent the juices from running.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 975 Calories, 77g Fat (31g Saturated), 218mg Cholesterol, 1450mg Sodium, 5g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 61g Protein