Low-fat and low-sugar muffins that are filled with fresh fruit!
Strawberry-Banana Oat Muffins
Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling
Bake: 25 minutes
- 12 baking cups
- Our Family® Canola Oil No Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Our Family® Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Our Family® Salt
- 1 cup Our Family® Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 Our Family® Grade A Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line standard 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups; spray cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir in 3/4 cup oats. In large bowl, mash bananas; whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, yogurt and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; stir until just combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter into prepared cups; sprinkle with turbinado sugar and remaining 1/4 cup oats. Bake muffins 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean; cool 15 minutes in pan. Makes 12 muffins.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 muffin): 157 Calories, 2g Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 17mg Cholesterol, 143mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 15g Sugars, 11g Added Sugars, 4g Protein