The tastiest and sweetest dessert!
Strawberry Shortcake With Our Family® Strawberry Pie Filling
Bake: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 1/4 cups Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups Our Family® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 21 oz. can Our Family® Strawberry Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 cups Our Family® Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. With a heavy wooden spoon, stir in cream until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 to 3 times until the dough comes together, Gently roll out dough to 3/4 inch thickness. Use a 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut dough into shortcakes. Place on lightly greased baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between biscuits,
- Bake for 13 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and serve with strawberry pie filling and whipped topping.
Submit your review