So many stuffings, so many toppings. How many will you try?
Prep: 15 minutes
Grill: 15 minutes
- 4 Open Acres baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 link fresh ground Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs in oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Our Family Mozzarella cheese slices, marinara sauce, whole basil leaves and pepperoncini
- 1 1/3 pounds Open Acres ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 4 Our Family buns or rolls of choice (onion rolls, kaiser rolls, wheat kaiser rolls)
- Prepare Italian Filling: In large nonstick skillet, cook mushrooms, sausage and tomatoes over medium heat 8 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat; drain off fat and cool slightly. Stir in shredded cheese and basil.
- Meanwhile, prepare Burgers: Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Form meat into eight 1⁄4-inch-thick patties; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Divide filling evenly onto center of 4 patties, spreading filling to within 1⁄2 inch of edges. Top each with remaining 4 patties. Pinch edges together to seal.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155o for medium doneness, turning once. Top patties with cheese slices during last minute of cooking. Serve burgers on buns with toppings of choice.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (Italian): 714 Calories, 47g Fat (19g Saturated), 144mg Cholesterol, 1144mg Sodium, 27g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 42g Protein
Southwest Filling (optional)
- 1 cup roasted diced green chiles
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped Open Acres red onion
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Our Family Monterey Jack cheese
- Pepper Jack cheese, salsa, sliced avocados, sliced red onions, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges
Prepare Southwest Filling: In large nonstick skillet, cook green chiles, onions and corn over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; let cool. Stir in cheese.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (Southwest): 764 Calories, 48g Fat (20g Saturated), 146mg Cholesterol, 993mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 41g Protein
American Filling (optional)
- 4 slices Open Acres hickory smoked bacon, diced
- 6 fresh Open Acres white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- American cheese slices, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions and pickles
Prepare American Filling: In large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, onions and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; drain off fat and cool slightly. Stir in shredded cheese.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (American): 732 Calories, 50g Fat (23g Saturated), 161mg Cholesterol, 1222mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 43g Protein