Try these sugar coated sugar cookies!
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Our Family® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Our Family® Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1/4 cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 1 Our Family® Large Egg
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Position oven racks in the upper and middle thirds of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and the sugar. Using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on LOW speed for 20-30 seconds, then increase speed to HIGH and beat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Stop the mixer; add the egg and vanilla. Beat on LOW speed until well blended. Gradually add the flour mixture (dry ingredients) to the butter mixture (wet ingredients), beating on LOW speed until combined and a dough begins to form. Do not overmix.
- Place remaining ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cookie dough into 1-½ inch balls. Gently place each dough ball in the sugar and coat evenly. Place the sugar-coated dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each dough ball slightly with the bottom of a clean drinking glass. The flattened dough should still be about ¼ inch thick. Bake 9-11 minutes, until the cookies are thoroughly baked and just barely golden brown around the edges. Cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheets before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
Chef’s Tip: Decorate these delicious cookies with Our Family® Cream Cheese Frosting and colored sprinkles of your choice.
Submit your review