You’ll be so excited to eat your veggies!
Summer Vegetable Quesadillas
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Our Family light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 3 tablespoons Our Family olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium Open Acres sweet onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 9 asparagus spears, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 large zucchini, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears) or frozen whole kernel corn
- 15 cherry tomatoes, each cut in half (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) Our Family flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 cups Our Family finely shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
1. Prepare Chipotle-Lime Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
2. Prepare Quesadillas: In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus, zucchini, bell pepper and corn, and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Evenly divide vegetable mixture onto half of each tortilla. Sprinkle vegetables with cheese; fold other half of tortilla over filling to make half-moon shapes.
4. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons oil on griddle; heat griddle over medium heat. Place quesadillas on griddle and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese melts, turning quesadillas once halfway through cooking. To serve, cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with Chipotle-Lime Sauce.
Chef Tip To bake quesadillas, preheat oven to 375°. Lightly brush rimmed baking pan and tops of quesadillas with oil. Arrange quesadillas in pan and bake 10 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 528 Calories, 23g Fat (7g Saturated), 23mg Cholesterol, 872mg Sodium, 62g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 20g Protein