For those large gatherings, our Sunrise Casserole will bring the feeling of family to your dinner table!
Sunrise Country Sausage & Bacon Casserole
Prep: 30 minutes plus standing
Bake: 1 hour
- 10 Our Family large eggs
- 3 cups Our Family whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 8 slices Our Family smoked bacon (about 1⁄2 pound)
- 8 ounces Our Family crumbled breakfast sausage, casings removed if necessary (about 1 cup)
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 7 slices our Family white bread, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) Our Family shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced (1⁄2 cup)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced (1⁄2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onions (from 1 bunch)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 15 minutes or until crisp; drain. Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Into same skillet, add sausage and cook over medium heat until browned, breaking up sausage with side of spoon; drain.
2. Generously spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Using half of each, layer bread cubes, bacon, sausage, cheese, bell peppers and green onions into baking dish; repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
3. Bake casserole 1 hour or until center is set and internal temperature reaches 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 414 Calories, 29g Fat (13g Saturated), 269mg Cholesterol, 768mg Sodium, 14g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 22g Protein