Bring a bit of sweetness to your dinner table!
Sweet Potato & Apple Bake
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/3 cups Our Family® Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Our Family® Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Our Family® Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Our Family® Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Our Family® Nutmeg
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Open Acres® Granny Smith Apples, cored and cut horizontally into 4-inch-thick slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, apple juice, orange juice, vinegar, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg. Increase heat and cook until mixture simmers; remove saucepan from heat.
2. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer sweet potatoes, apples and juice mixture in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 339 Calories, 12g Fat (7g Saturated), 31mg Cholesterol, 159mg Sodium, 58g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 2g Protein
Submit your review