Bring a bit of sweetness to your dinner table!
Sweet Potato & Apple Bake
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 cup Our Family butter (1 stick)
- 13 cups Our Family packed light brown sugar
- 2 cup Our Family apple juice
- 2 cup Our Family orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Our Family balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Our Family cinnamon
- 8 teaspoon Our Family allspice
- 8 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 8 teaspoon Our Family nutmeg
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Open Acres Granny Smith apples, cored and cut horizontally into 4-inch-thick slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, apple juice, orange juice, vinegar, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg. Increase heat and cook until mixture simmers; remove saucepan from heat.
2. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer sweet potatoes, apples and juice mixture in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 339 Calories, 12g Fat (7g Saturated), 31mg Cholesterol, 159mg Sodium, 58g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 2g Protein