For your Football gathering!
Sweet Sesame Wings
Prep: 25 minutes plus marinating
Bake: 40 minutes
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) Our Family® Cola
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family® Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Cayenne Pepper
- 4 lbs. Open Acres® Chicken Wings, 1st and 2nd sections (about 32 pieces)
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Cornstarch
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 4 onions)
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Celery sticks (optional)
1. In large bowl, whisk together cola, garlic, soy sauce, mustard, sesame oil, ginger and cayenne. Place wings in 2 large zip-top plastic bags; pour half of the cola mixture into each bag over wings. Seal bags and refrigerate 2 hours to marinate.
2. Place rimmed baking pan in oven; preheat oven to 400°. Drain wings and reserve marinade. Carefully add oil to baking pan and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Place wings in single layer on baking pan and bake 15 minutes. Toss wings with reserved marinade and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until wings are golden brown, turning occasionally.
3. Transfer wings to separate rimmed baking pan and keep warm in oven. Transfer remaining liquid in baking pan to small saucepot and cook over high heat 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. In small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch; add to simmering sauce, stirring constantly with whisk. Heat sauce to boiling; boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
4. Transfer wings to large serving bowl and toss with sauce. Sprinkle wings with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with celery sticks, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (4 pieces): 247 Calories, 15g Fat (3g Saturated), 39mg Cholesterol, 605mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 14g Protein
Submit your review