With such a satisfactory flavor you won’t want to miss adding this chicken to your next dinner menu!
Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Chicken
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- Our Family® Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Seasoning
- 5 lbs. bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups Our Family® Original Barbecue Sauce
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over high heat. Trim excess fat from chicken. Rub all sides of chicken liberally with Our Family Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Seasoning.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on hot grill rack. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until outside of chicken is seared, watching carefully for flare-ups. If flare-ups occur, open grill and move chicken to outside, or cooler, part of grill.
- Reduce heat to medium. Turn chicken skin side up. Cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes longer, turning occasionally and watching carefully for flare-ups. Brush skin side of chicken liberally with some of the barbecue sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Turn off grill, cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165° and juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife. Serve with any remaining barbecue sauce for dipping.
Submit your review