https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/269966577_10224009729465526_4620135871251078457_n.jpg 450 600 Lauren DeVries https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OF_LOGO_340X156-01-300x138.png Lauren DeVries2021-12-27 16:19:092023-01-09 19:52:19Teresa's Breakfast Hash
The perfect meal to start your day!
Teresa’s Breakfast Hash
5 lbs. Our Family® Potatoes
1 lb. Our Family® Breakfast Sausage
1 Open Acres® onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
8 tbsp. Our Family® Butter
6-8 Our Family® Eggs
Our Family® Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot bring whole, skin on, potatoes to a simmer. Cook until just tender. Be careful to not over cook, they will continue to cook when sliced and fried. Drain water from potatoes and set aside to cool. I like to do this step at night so potatoes are ready in the morning to fry.
- When potatoes are cool, peel the skins off the potato with a pairing knife. Set potatoes aside.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet over medium heat or cast iron pan. Cook sausage, diced onions and bell pepper. Add salt and pepper. Stir occasionally. When sausage is cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter to same pan and thinly slice potatoes directly into the pan. Adding salt and pepper in between layers of potatoes. Flip potatoes once the bottom layer begins to brown. Continue to cook and flip until your desired consistency. We prefer our potatoes crispy, you can cook them a little less time for a softer potato.
- Add sausage mixture back into pan and flip to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Top with over easy eggs for a family style breakfast. Or serve as a side dish with your favorite eggs!
Submit your review
Our Family Foods
Average rating: 0 reviews