With just a few ingredients, these easy-to-make crostini are the perfect party appetizer or quick anytime snack!
Tomato and Basil Crostini
Prep: 20 minutes plus standing
Bake: 5 minutes
- 1 loaf (about 13 ounces) ciabatta bread
- ¼ cup Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Our Family diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped plus additional for garnish
- Our Family salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Our Family grated parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut loaf of bread lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into 6 equal pieces. Place bread in single layer on rimmed baking pan; brush cut side of bread with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Let stand at room temperature 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon tomato mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
336 Calories, 14g Fat (2g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 791mg Sodium, 34g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 8g Protein