Homemade tomato soup is the best!
Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (28-oz.) can Our Family® Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Heavy Cream
- Add olive oil to a saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add onion and salt and cook, stirring frequently until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until paste turns dark red in color.
- Add pepper, tomatoes, water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes. Blend soup using a stick or jar blender until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and season with more salt, to taste.
Submit your review