With a mild heat, you’re taste buds will be dancing!
Turkey & Black Bean Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium Open Acres onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Our Family olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 pounds Open Acres lean ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Famly ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) Our Family black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 medium poblano peppers
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family refrigerated salsa
- 6 tablespoons Our Family plain non-fat yogurt
- Spray 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°. In large skillet, cook onion and oil over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add turkey, coriander and cumin, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, breaking up turkey with side of spoon. Stir in beans and tomatoes with juice, and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in half the green onions.
- With small, sharp knife, leaving stem-end intact, cut lengthwise slit along one side of each pepper; remove seeds and membranes being careful not to tear peppers. Evenly stuff peppers with about 3⁄4 cup turkey mixture; place peppers in single layer in prepared dish. Top each pepper with 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned.
- To serve, top each pepper with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon yogurt; sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 287 Calories, 11g Fat (3g Saturated), 65mg Cholesterol, 546mg Sodium, 23g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 28g Protein